Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

HAPPY 2009!
It's a new year. With 2008 ending, much like a tragic comedy, I will be the first to admit that I'm quite optimistic about the idea of "starting anew" and turning over a new leaf in 2009. I currently do not have a single broken bone, my meniscus has mended well, and I'm single, quite a different perspective when compared with the start of 2008. With a patent in the works, a 90% healthy body, and an open mind, I'm looking forward to . . . climbing, of course. While I unfortunately didn't make it out on the 1st day of 2009, I did make it out on the 2nd. Subsequent days this January have been optimal for climbing with the mild winter we've been having in Northern Colorado. Here are some pics from these local outdoor adventures.

One of the locals, Rob, getting it done on the ultra-classic (ok, minus the jump start), Right Eliminator Left.
Me on another Horsetooth Classic, the Right Eliminator Prow. One of my favorite lines at Rotary.
Ben Scott making smooth work of the Mental Block variation.
Ben Scott finishing a climb off the most famous sandstone hold in N. America, Pinch Overhang.

No comments: